Home Page: Meeting Minutes
April 11, 2012 Town of Hiles Board Meeting
Town of Hiles Board Meeting
Wednesday, April 11, 2012
Hiles Town Hall
Chairman Trent Miner called the meeting to order at 6:15 pm.
Present were: Chairman Trent Miner, Supervisor Tom Gardner, Supervisor Mark Gudel, Treasurer Kimberly Miner and Clerk Janice Schultz.
Electors: Walter Wegner
Non-Electors: Dan Wald and Nancy Potter
The minutes of the Monday March 5, 2012, Hiles Town Board meeting were presented. Moved by Supervisor Gardner and seconded by Supervisor Gudel to approve the minutes as presented. Motion carried.
The Treasurer’s report was presented and is attached. Moved by Supervisor Gudel and seconded by Supervisor Gardner to approve as presented. Motion carried.
Reviewed upcoming road projects
• Getting quotes for rut filling and chip sealing ($21,000 quote from Fahrner) for Wallace Road
• 50/50 application for Kurt Creek Road
• More work is needed on last mile of Boyer Road
Set date for road inspection as Saturday, May 12, 2012, at 8:00 a.m. at Gardner’s.
Reviewed quotes for ditch cutting made by J&J Brush Cutting and Wood County. Gardner moved to contract with J&J Brush Cutting as the lowest bidder to complete work two times per year. Seconded by Gudel. Motion carried.
Reviewed sign policy. Moved by Gudel and seconded by Gardner for Chairman to inventory all signs and put in a 3-ring binder and on computer spreadsheet so can better track them. As signs are replaced, the dates will be punched on the back of them. Motion carried.
Ordinance to extend terms of office for Chairman, Supervisors I and II, Clerk, and Treasurer to the 3rd Tuesday in April, 2013, to comply with Act 115 was presented. Moved by Gardner and seconded by Gudel to adopt ordinance as presented. Motion carried.
Ordinance to appoint alternate members to the Board of Review was presented. Jim Franson and Bob Hess have both agreed to being appointed. Moved by Gudel and seconded by Gardner to adopt the ordinance as presented. Motion carried.
Presentation given by Dan Wald, candidate for Assembly, 70th District. Outlined new District 70 border along with his views and credentials.
• Severe weather week is April 16 through April 20. Mock tornado warning on April 19 at 1:10 p.m.
• Filled out contact information for Oakdale Electric regarding our electrical inspector. Sent back stating we don’t have one and we contract with the State for new residential buildings.
• Town of Dexter and Town of Hiles discussing Koppen Road upkeep and responsibilities of each Town.
• Tables from the Town Hall are to be borrowed for a week or two starting April 13, 2012. Tables will be back in time for the election on May 8.
• Elections to be held on May 8 (primary) and June 5 (recall).
• Elections went well on April 3. Town of Hiles had 44 voters.
• Propane down to 15 percent. Lowest bid from Frontier and accepted.
• Received Forest Tax Law Master File printout from the Department of Natural Resources.
• Received e-mail request for Debt Survey information. E-mail returned April 4, 2012, stating that the Town of Hiles, Wood County, does not have any outstanding debt.
• Received MFL transfer of property from Annette Pickett to Ethan & Hannah Pickett.
• Received letter from SouthWest County Humane Society on stray animals.
The next Town meeting will be Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 6:30 pm.
The bills were presented for payment. Moved by Supervisor Gudel and seconded by Supervisor Gardner to make all payments as presented. Motion carried.
Motion made by Supervisor Gardner and seconded by Supervisor Gudel to adjourn the meeting. Motion carried.
Chairman Miner adjourned the meeting at 6:40 p.m.
Janice I Schultz, Town of Hiles Clerk
June 5, 2019 Town of Hiles Board of Review Adjournment
June 5, 2019 Town Board Meeting
May 18, 2019 Road Inspection
May 15, 2019 Town Board Meeting
April 17, 2019 Town Board Meeting
April 17, 2019 Annual Meeting
March 13, 2019 Town of Hiles Board Meeting
February 13, 2019 Town of Hiles Board Meeting
January 9, 2019 Town of Hiles Board Meeting
January 9, 2019 Town of Hiles Caucus Meeting