Home Page: Meeting Minutes
April 16, 2013 Town of Hiles Board Meeting
Town of Hiles Board Meeting
Tuesday April 16, 2013
Hiles Town Hall, Wood County
Chairman Trent Miner called the meeting to order at 5:30 p.m.
Present were: Chairman Trent Miner, Supervisor Tom Gardner, Supervisor Mark Gudel, Treasurer Amy Miner, and Clerk Janice Schultz.
Also present: Mike Joseph from Fahrner Asphalt.
The minutes of the Tuesday, March 5, 2013, Hiles Town Board meeting were presented. Moved by Supervisor Gardner and seconded by Supervisor Gudel to approve the minutes as presented. Motion carried.
The Treasurer’s report was presented and is attached. Moved by Supervisor Gudel and seconded by Supervisor Gardner to approve as presented. Motion carried.
Reviewed adding Wallace Road and Cary Hiles Road to ATV ordinance. Moved by Supervisor Gardner and seconded by Supervisor Gudel to adopt the ordinance designating all-terrain vehicle routes in the Town as Hay Creek Road from County V west to the Jackson County line, Holst Road from Hay Creek Road to termination, Berry Road from State Hiway 54 to termination, Wallace Road, Cary Hiles Road from Turner Road west to Wolf Road. Motion carried.
Discussion of 50/50 application. The Board approved petition for County Aid on roads.
Reviewed and acted on designation of public depository for Town funds. Moved by Supervisor Gudel and seconded by Supervisor Gardner to adopt resolution to designate Associated Bank – Pittsville Branch – 5292 2nd Avenue, Pittsville, WI 54466 as the public depository for the Town of Hiles, Wood County.
The date for the annual Road Inspection is set for May 11 at 1:00 p.m. starting at Supervisor Gardner’s residence.
• April 2, 2013, Spring Election – Emma Huber, Katie Potter, and Savannah Buchli worked. There were 36 voters.
• Wood County to handle yearly boundary correspondence with Census Bureau
• Town Hall is rented for May 25.
• Information from WI Towns Association on participation to access on-line videos. Cost reduced from $100 to $50 per year.
• Information on Clerks and Treasurers Institute July 14-19, 2013.
• Clerk completed Service Certification for EMS Grand application by Pittsville Fire Dept/EMS.
• Received information from American Pavement Solutions on crack sealing, etc.
• Received information from the WI Deferred Compensation Program (WDC).
• Received Forest Tax Law Master File Printout for 2013.
• Received information on the 2013 Town Officials Workshops.
• Received notification from South Wood County Humane Society of 2 dog surrenders by Martha Hoffman with no charge to the Town.
• Received information from County Surveyor Kevin Boyer on Section corners, Quarter corners, and witness markers.
• Clerk completed 2013 WI Liquor License report
Mike Joseph of Fahrner Asphalt presented information on various methods of updating road surfaces with the pros and cons of each. Bids were opened, reviewed, and discussed by the Board. Moved by Supervisor Gardner and seconded by Supervisor Gudel to accept the bids as presented. Motion carried
$21,620.00 (Wallace Road from County Road E to Cary-Hiles Road) clean, apply emulsified asphalt, apply sealcoat cover aggregate, roll cover aggregate (wedging or rut filling to be done prior to sealing).
$9,765.00 (Wallace Road) sweep and install Micro Seal at $3.15 per sq. yd.
$1.60 per pound (includes materials and installation) to rout out cracks, blow out and clean, seal cracks with rubberized asphalt crack sealant on various Town Roads.
The next Town Board Meeting will be Tuesday, May 14, at 6 p.m.
The bills were presented for payment. Moved by Supervisor Gudel and seconded by Supervisor Gardner to make all payments as presented. Motion carried.
Motion made by Supervisor Gardner and seconded by Supervisor Gudel to adjourn the meeting. Motion carried.
Chairman Miner adjourned the meeting at 5:55 p.m.
Janice I Schultz, Town of Hiles Clerk
October 8, 2018 Town of Hiles Board Meeting
September 26, 2018 Board of Review
September 4, 2018 Town of Hiles Board Meeting
August 7, 2018 Town of Hiles Board Meeting
July 11, 2018 Town of Hiles Board Meeting
June 11, 2018 Town of Hiles Board Meeting
May 16, 2018 Town of Hiles Board Meeting
May 16, 2018 Town of Hiles Board of Review Postponement Meeting
May 12, 2018 Road Inspection
April 17, 2018 Town of Hiles Board Meeting