Home Page: Meeting Minutes
April 17, 2018 Town of Hiles Annual Meeting 2018
Town of Hiles Annual Meeting
Tuesday, April 17, 2018
Hiles Town Hall, Wood County
The Town of Hiles Annual Meeting was called to order by Chairman Trent Miner at 6:00 p.m.
Present were Town Electors—Trent Miner, Mark Gudel, Janice Schultz, and Soraya Krostag.
Minutes of the April 18, 2017, Annual Meeting were presented. Motion made by Gudel and seconded by Krostag to dispense with the reading of the minutes and approve as presented. There was no discussion. Motion carried.
The 2017 Annual Financial Report was presented and reviewed. Moved by Gudel and seconded by Krostag to approve as presented. Motion carried.
Chairman’s Report to the Electors--2018 Town of Hiles Annual Meeting
• Scranton Road was finished, along with the blacktop apron that was required by the state. We are not putting a road name sign on this road to alleviate any issues that could occur at the end of the short dead end road. All necessary forms have been submitted to the state so we should start getting general transportation aids on this road.
• A turn around was placed at the end of Holst Road to alleviate usage of a small private driveway.
• Updates to the town hall have started. These include new paint/carpeting, furnace and air conditioning. The town hall is now going on 22 years old so these were needed and necessary upgrades.
• This year is going to see road upgrades. Cranberry Road is for sure on the list with pulverizing and overlay of blacktop. This is being done in conjunction with Wood County Highway’s upgrade of CTH Z. We’ll do another refurbish of a road, either Wallace or Hay Creek Road. Whichever one we don’t do this year will be done in 2019.
• This is the year to set board wages for the next term, as well as election inspector wages. Current Compensation:
o Chairman - $500.00 salary & $70 per diem
o Supervisor - $70 per diem
o Clerk - $3500 salary and $35 non-town board meeting
o Treasurer - $2150 salary and $35 non-town board meeting
o Assessor - $4500 salary
o Poll workers - $10.00/hour for Chief and $9.00/hour for others
Motion by Gudel to add $70 per Town Board meeting to Clerk’s and Treasurer’s compensation to take effect after April, 2019, election. Seconded by Krostag. Motion carried.
Motion by Gudel to increase the Chief Election Inspector’s compensation to $12 per hour and the Election Inspectors’ compensation to $10 per hour to be effective immediately. Seconded by Krostag. Motion carried.
Date for next Annual Meeting is tentatively set for the 3rd Tuesday of April, 2019.
Motion by Gudel and seconded by Krostag to adjourn. Motion carried
Meeting adjourned by Chairman Miner at 6:08 pm.
Respectfully submitted, Janice I Schultz, Clerk Town of Hiles
March 13, 2019 Town of Hiles Board Meeting
February 13, 2019 Town of Hiles Board Meeting
January 9, 2019 Town of Hiles Board Meeting
January 9, 2019 Town of Hiles Caucus Meeting
December 12, 2018 Town of Hiles Board Meeting
November 19, 2018 Town of Hiles Special Meeting of Electors
November 19, 2018 Town of Hiles Board Meeting
November 19, 2018 Town of Hiles Budget Hearing
October 8, 2018 Town of Hiles Board Meeting
September 26, 2018 Board of Review