Home Page: Meeting Minutes
April 18, 2017 Town of Hiles Annual Meeting 2017
Town of Hiles Annual Meeting
Tuesday, April 18, 2017
Hiles Town Hall, Wood County
The Town of Hiles Annual Meeting was called to order by Chairman Trent Miner at 6:00 p.m.
Present were Town Electors—Trent Miner, Tom Gardner, Mark Gudel, Janice Schultz, and Soraya Krostag.
Minutes of the April 19, 2016, Annual Meeting were presented. Motion made by Gardner and seconded by Gudel to dispense with the reading of the minutes and approve as presented. There was no discussion. Motion carried.
The 2016 Annual Financial Report was presented and reviewed. Moved by Gudel and seconded by Krostag to approve as presented. Motion carried.
Chairman’s Report to the Electors
2017 Town of Hiles Annual Meeting
• Last year we did the replacement of the 2 culverts on Cranberry Road with an aluminum box culvert at a cost of about $44,000. Half of this will come back as a refund from Wood County Highway Dept. as it qualified for the bridge program.
• The state deeded the parcel of land that once was STH 54 on Nordman’s Curve over to the township. Permits were applied for and approved to have access onto STH 54 for a town road. There are a number of requirements for this road and Wood County Highway was hired to do the work. They also provided the engineering services that were needed to move this project forward. However, the project was not able to be completed because of the wet fall weather we experienced. The permits were extended for another year and with the hopes this project will be completed early this spring.
• Gravel was applied over a number of roads, including Palenico, River, Weisner, and Boyer.
• Once we do road inspection this year, we will have a better idea of where the resources need to be allocated. One project will be a turnaround at the end of Holst Road. Some of the blacktop roads are starting to show their age and will need attention soon. Some may have chip seal applied, some may have to be reconstructed.
• Wages to be determined – Poll workers. Currently $9.00/hour. Chief is $10.00/hour. Motion by Gardner and seconded by Krostag to continue wages at the current level. Motion carried.
Date for next Annual Meeting is tentatively set for the 3rd Tuesday of April, 2018.
Motion by Gudel and seconded by Gardner to adjourn. Motion carried
Meeting adjourned by Chairman Miner at 6:09 pm.
Janice I Schultz, Clerk Town of Hiles
August 7, 2018 Town of Hiles Board Meeting
July 11, 2018 Town of Hiles Board Meeting
June 11, 2018 Town of Hiles Board Meeting
May 16, 2018 Town of Hiles Board Meeting
May 16, 2018 Town of Hiles Board of Review Postponement Meeting
May 12, 2018 Road Inspection
April 17, 2018 Town of Hiles Board Meeting
April 17, 2018 Town of Hiles Annual Meeting 2018
March 5, 2018 Town of Hiles Board Meeting
February 8, 2018 Town of Hiles Board Meeting