Home Page: Meeting Minutes
August 8, 2012 Town of Hiles Board Meeting
Town of Hiles Board Meeting
Wednesday, August 8, 2012
Hiles Town Hall
Chairman Trent Miner called the meeting to order at 6:00 pm.
Present were: Chairman Trent Miner, Supervisor Tom Gardner, Supervisor Mark Gudel, Treasurer Kimberly Miner, and Clerk Janice Schultz.
Also present was Roland Hawk.
The minutes of the Thursday, July 12, 2012, Hiles Town Board meeting were presented. Moved by Supervisor Gardner and seconded by Supervisor Gudel to approve the minutes as presented. Motion carried.
The Treasurer’s report was presented and is attached. Moved by Supervisor Gudel and seconded by Supervisor Gardner to approve as presented. Motion carried.
Road Projects Update – Roland Hawk from Wood County Highway discussed the drainage on the Kurt Creek Road project and suggested using an asphalt curb, backfill, and proper slope to make sure the road bed drains. The board agreed with his proposal. The entire project should be done by September 1st.
Disposition of extra landscape rock: High bid of $20 made by Mark Gudel and accepted by the Board.
• Election August 14th. Emma, Amy and Gage working. This will be Gage’s last time – will get Savannah Buchli to replace him
• Open records request from the Wisconsin Rapids Daily Tribune wanting notice sent for all town board meetings. Can send her link to website once agenda is posted to it.
• Small issue with GAB not getting our information from last elections. Notice sent in error and has been corrected. We were always in compliance
• Possible county forest acquisition in the Town of Hiles. Miner to share information and maps.
• Received announcement of $1.9 million grant for GAB to create online absentee balloting system for military and overseas voters
• Received printout of land enrolled in County Forest Law as of July 1, 2012
• E-mailed GAB-362 SVRS Clerk Contact Information Update Form
• Received draft of new Absentee Ballot Envelope: all Photo ID references deleted, Certification of Care Facility Rep replaced with Certification of Assistant, prominently displayed birthdate certification for military/overseas voter, moved signature to less conspicuous position in smaller type (can see voter missing this signature line which would invalidate the absentee ballot).
• Memo from Cindy Cepress, Wood County Clerk, notifying of 25% increase in SVRS provider fees. Also, notice given if GAB going to require tracking absentees in SVRS, contract will be terminated and municipalities will have to become self-providers for SVRS. Affects 31 of the 34 Wood County municipalities.
• Received e-mail request from Dixie in Village of Vesper for cost for person maintaining sewer/water records/service. Responded that Town of Hiles does not have sewer/water service.
• Received by e-mail preliminary Equalized Values to review and make changes before final August 15 report.
• Clerk participated in Webinar by GAB on August 14 Primary on July 30.
The next Town meeting will be Wednesday, September 5, 2012, at 6:30 pm.
The bills were presented for payment. Moved by Supervisor Gardner and seconded by Supervisor Gudel to make all payments as presented. Motion carried.
Motion made by Supervisor Gudel and seconded by Supervisor Gardner to adjourn the meeting. Motion carried.
Chairman Miner adjourned the meeting at 6:30 pm.
Janice I Schultz, Town of Hiles Clerk
June 5, 2019 Town of Hiles Board of Review Adjournment
June 5, 2019 Town Board Meeting
May 18, 2019 Road Inspection
May 15, 2019 Town Board Meeting
April 17, 2019 Town Board Meeting
April 17, 2019 Annual Meeting
March 13, 2019 Town of Hiles Board Meeting
February 13, 2019 Town of Hiles Board Meeting
January 9, 2019 Town of Hiles Board Meeting
January 9, 2019 Town of Hiles Caucus Meeting