Home Page: Meeting Minutes
December 11, 2012 Town of Hiles Board Meeting
Town of Hiles Board Meeting
Tuesday, December 11, 2012
Hiles Town Hall
Chairman Trent Miner called the meeting to order at 6:35 pm.
Present were: Chairman Trent Miner, Supervisor Tom Gardner, Supervisor Mark Gudel, and Clerk Janice Schultz.
Also Present: Terry Reynolds, Pittsville School District Administrator
Julie Strenn, Pittsville School Board President
Walter Wegner, Town of Hiles Resident
Vern Kleinhenz, Town of Hiles Resident--attending for boy scouts
Diane Kleinhenz, Town of Hiles Resident
The minutes of the Tuesday, November 13, 2012, Hiles Town Board meeting were presented. Moved by Supervisor Gardner and seconded by Supervisor Gudel to approve the minutes as presented. Motion carried.
The Treasurer’s report was presented and is attached. Moved by Supervisor Gudel and seconded by Supervisor Gardner to approve as presented. Motion carried.
Walter Wegner brought up recurring dog problems with neighbors. He requested and received copies of the minutes of previous Town Board Meetings where similar matter was brought up/discussed. Claims he is being accused of poisoning neighbor’s dogs—does put out rat poison around his garage and garbage. The barking dogs prevent Mr. Wegner from hunting deer on his property. Stray bullets from the neighbor’s target practice crosses onto Mr. Wegner’s property. Chairman Miner will copy appropriate portion of Statute 174 and forward to Mr. Wegner. Also, Chairman Miner will contact the Town’s Association and Town of Dexter for additional input on solving the problem.
Terry Reynolds presented 2012-13 Pittsville School District Budget information. The total budget was decreased by 2.46% over last year. But due to decreased school aids from the state and overall decreased equalized property values, the tax levy increased by .84%. There are 2 years left on the school building debt. A complete summary can be found on the Pittsville Public Schools website: http://www.pittsville.k12.wi.us/SKMBT_2012-13%20Budget%20info.pdf
Mr. Reynolds can be contacted at 715-884-6694 for budget questions.
Reviewed Road Project: The work by the Wood County Highway Department on Kurt Creek Road came in at $86,917.45 with final billing of $69,875.03 after deductions for January 1, 2012 balance of $9042.42, County Appropriation of $4,000.00 and Town Due from Districts of $4,000.00. The work is good except where the semi’s come out—may have to widen with some gravel.
Discussion on long term blacktopping. Berry Road doesn’t need anything further. Ivy Dow is the possible next choice (0.6 mile). Next, the possibility of Peterson Road up to the bridge. Hay Creek and Holst next. Koppen only if Dexter does their end as most of the residences are there. Wallace Road chip seal would add 10 years to the road.
Amended the 2012 Budget to fund unexpected expenses. Motion made by Supervisor Gardner and seconded by Supervisor Gudel for funds to be transferred from General Government, Town Hall, and Insurance budget accounts along with a transfer from Undesignated Fund to the Public Safety, Elections, and Roads budget accounts. Motion carried. The Resolution is posted on the Town website.
• Christmas Card from John Cepress Trucking.
• County Forest did some cutting and briefly stacked wood in the road right-of-way on Weisner Road. This cutting included a vision corner on Kurt Creek Road and some cutting along the poser lines along STH 54. The County Forester asked permission to have the wood stacked and it was given.
• Received from DNR petition by Scott W. Mathews to put 34 acres as Managed Forest Land under Chapter 77 WI Statutes for 50 years.
• Received from DNR petition by Roland F Scott, Bonnie S Scott, and Sandra D Verbrick to put 84.5 acres as Managed Forest Land under Chapter 77 WI Statutes for a period of 25 years
• Received from DNR petition by Robert J Hess to put 64 acres as Managed Forest Land under Chapter 77 WI Statutes for a period of 25 years.
• Received notice that the GAB will again send out voter verification postcards with clerks responsible for all returns.
• From WI Taxpayers Alliance received notice that the 2013-14 WI Legislative Directory is available at $3.95 per single copy with quantity discounts available.
• Received e-mail verification of required Clerk training being received by the GAB.
• Received notification of Good Friday hours for absentee balloting for Spring Election.
• Clerk completed on-line survey of Military and Overseas Voter experience for 2012 Presidential Election.
• Received Thank you letter/Receipt for $100 donation to Pittsville Area Historical Society.
• Received notice that the Strategic Energy Assessment (SEA) is available online (64 page document) or can request a CD or printed copy from the Public Service Commission of WI.
• Received American Transmission Company Summary Report dated September 2012 entitled The Future Grid: 10-year Transmission System Assessment.
• Received 2012 Statistical Report of Property Valuations for Wood County by Wood County Clerk
• Veolia Environmental Services has combined with Advanced Disposal. The joint company will be operating under the Advanced Disposal name.
• Received information on the elimination of Election Day Registration which would result in letting everyone who insists that they are registered to vote Provisional. Provisionals would take more time to complete than registering the potential voter. Also, this would make a Municipal Board of Canvass likely for each election as the provisional voter has until 4 pm the following Friday to submit missing information and/or proof of residence.
The Town Caucus will be Wednesday, January 9, 2013, at 6:00 p.m.
The next Town Board meeting will be Wednesday, January 9, 2013, following the Town Caucus.
The bills were presented for payment. Moved by Supervisor Gudel and seconded by Supervisor Gardner to make all payments as presented. Motion carried.
Motion made by Supervisor Gardner and seconded by Supervisor Gudel to adjourn the meeting. Motion carried.
Chairman Miner adjourned the meeting at 7:35 p.m.
Respectfully submitted, Janice I Schultz, Town of Hiles Clerk
June 5, 2019 Town of Hiles Board of Review Adjournment
June 5, 2019 Town Board Meeting
May 18, 2019 Road Inspection
May 15, 2019 Town Board Meeting
April 17, 2019 Town Board Meeting
April 17, 2019 Annual Meeting
March 13, 2019 Town of Hiles Board Meeting
February 13, 2019 Town of Hiles Board Meeting
January 9, 2019 Town of Hiles Board Meeting
January 9, 2019 Town of Hiles Caucus Meeting