Home Page: Meeting Minutes
May 10, 2017 town of Hiles Board Meeting
Town of Hiles Board Meeting
Tuesday, May 10, 2017
Hiles Town Hall, Wood County
Chairman Trent Miner called the meeting to order at 6:00 p.m.
Present were: Chairman Trent Miner, Supervisor Tom Gardner, Supervisor Mark Gudel, Treasurer Soraya Krostag, and Clerk Janice Schultz.
Also Present: Town Resident Beau Krostag
The minutes of the Tuesday, April 18, 2017, Hiles Town Board meeting were presented. Moved by Supervisor Gardner and seconded by Supervisor Gudel to accept the minutes as presented. Motion carried.
The Treasurer’s report was presented. Moved by Supervisor Gudel and seconded by Supervisor Gardner to approve as presented. Motion carried.
2017 Road Inspection Report: Minutes on website and attached.
Reviewed crackfilling services with Fahrner. Chairman will provide them with list of roads to be crackfilled for final estimate.
Update on Road Projects:
• There will be crackfilling on Ivy Dow Road. Also, will look into what to do for the bus turnaround on Ivy Dow.
• Chairman talked to County about coordinating resurfacing Cranberry Road with County Z. Looking at doing this next year.
• Considering resurfacing Hay Creek Road with 4 inch as before.
• Turnaround at the end of Holst Road done this year as the County can get to it. About 50 feet from 4770 Holst Road driveway where there is a high point not requiring tubes and clear of wet lands.
• Scranton Road is started. Will not have to remove stumps. Materials from this project are being deposited at Hay Creek Pallet. Some blacktop will be applied as this is required by the State so no gravel is deposited on the Highway 54/Scranton Road intersection.
• JJ Brushcutting quote for mowing is the same as last year and will be used again.
• Sanitary Permit Application by Michael and Pamela Verhulst of Plover for Parcel #0900381 on South 54.
• Received notice that 2017 Pavement Ratings due by December 15, 2017.
• Received Wisconsin Towns Association Membership Cards.
• Received North Central Wisconsin Regional Planning Commission bulletin and shared with the Board
• List of 4 workshops offered by the Local Government Center of UW Extension.
• Wisconsin Salt Solutions submitted quote for Dust Control solution: minimum quantity of 4500 gallons 38% solution Calcium Chloride for $1,015 per gallon and minimum quantity 4500 gallons of 30% solution Magnesium Chloride at $.98 per gallon.
• Questionnaire from State Representative Nancy VanderMeer .
• Focus on Energy postcard on available government programs to conserve energy.
The bills were presented for payment. Moved by Supervisor Gardner and seconded by Supervisor Gudel to make all payments as presented. Motion carried.
The next Town Board Meeting will be Thursday, June 8 at 6 p.m. at the Town Hall.
Motion made by Supervisor Gudel and seconded by Supervisor Gardner to adjourn the meeting. Motion carried.
Chairman Miner adjourned the meeting at 6:25 p.m.
Janice I Schultz, Clerk
August 7, 2018 Town of Hiles Board Meeting
July 11, 2018 Town of Hiles Board Meeting
June 11, 2018 Town of Hiles Board Meeting
May 16, 2018 Town of Hiles Board Meeting
May 16, 2018 Town of Hiles Board of Review Postponement Meeting
May 12, 2018 Road Inspection
April 17, 2018 Town of Hiles Board Meeting
April 17, 2018 Town of Hiles Annual Meeting 2018
March 5, 2018 Town of Hiles Board Meeting
February 8, 2018 Town of Hiles Board Meeting