Home Page: Meeting Minutes
November 8, 2017 Town of Hiles Board Meeting
Town of Hiles Board Meeting
Wednesday, November 8, 2017
Hiles Town Hall, Wood County
Chairman Trent Miner called the meeting to order at 6:05 pm.
Present were: Chairman Trent Miner, Supervisor Mark Gudel, Treasurer Soraya Krostag, and Clerk Janice Schultz.
Also Present: Town Residents Beau Krostag and Amara Putri Krostag
The minutes of the Wednesday, October 11, 2017, Hiles Town Board meeting were presented. Moved by Supervisor Gudel and seconded by Chairman Miner to accept the minutes as presented. Motion carried.
The Treasurer’s report was presented. Moved by Supervisor Gudel and seconded by Chairman Miner to approve as presented. Motion carried.
2018 Budget: Motion by Supervisor Gudel and seconded by Trent Miner to adopt the 2018 Town of Hiles Tax Levy of $93,129.00 as approved at the Town of Hiles Special Meeting of Electors.
Roads: Road Certification was completed online by Chairman Miner. Scranton Road is done and plans submitted to the State. The stop sign on Scranton Road provided by the State is in place. The turnaround on Holst Road has been completed.
• Received annual service agreement from South Wood County Humane Society of WI Rapids. $85.88 per animal pickup and $54.63 per animal drop off. Owners surrendering animals will be charged $35 per animal and animal/s must be current on rabies vaccination/s.
• Received notification from Mid-StateTechnical College of Town of Hiles share of property tax levy--$19,946.83. Last year was $18,909.67—up $1,037.16 Total tax levy is $11,528,759.00
• Received Certification of No Qualifying Referenda from Pittsville School District for the 2017 property tax bills payable 2018.
• Received Thank You letter for the Town of Hiles donation of $100.00 to the Pittsville Area Historical Society, Inc. from Treasurer Marlene Neve.
• Received final estimate of the Town of Hiles population of 163 from the Department of Administration.
• Received certification from the Wisconsin Department of Revenue of the equalized value of all taxable property of the Town or Hiles, Wood County, as $22,468,200. This valuation is effective August 15, 2017 through August 14, 2018.
• Received notice of Wood County Floodplain Zoning Permit issued to Aivilo, LLC for a 28’ x 40’ portable shed on Ivy Dow Road.
The bills were presented for payment. Moved by Supervisor Gudel and seconded by Chairman Miner to make all payments as presented. Motion carried.
Next meeting will be Wednesday, December 13, 2017, at 6:00 pm at the Town Hall.
Motion made by Supervisor Gudel and seconded by Chairman Miner to adjourn the meeting. Motion carried. Chairman Miner adjourned the meeting at ¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬6:25 p.m.
Janice I Schultz, Clerk
March 13, 2019 Town of Hiles Board Meeting
February 13, 2019 Town of Hiles Board Meeting
January 9, 2019 Town of Hiles Board Meeting
January 9, 2019 Town of Hiles Caucus Meeting
December 12, 2018 Town of Hiles Board Meeting
November 19, 2018 Town of Hiles Special Meeting of Electors
November 19, 2018 Town of Hiles Board Meeting
November 19, 2018 Town of Hiles Budget Hearing
October 8, 2018 Town of Hiles Board Meeting
September 26, 2018 Board of Review