Home Page: Meeting Minutes
October 9, 2012 Town of Hiles Board Meeting
Town of Hiles Board Meeting
Tuesday, October 9, 2012
Hiles Town Hall
Chairman Trent Miner called the meeting to order at 6:30 pm.
Present were: Chairman Trent Miner, Supervisor Tom Gardner, Supervisor Mark Gudel, and Clerk Janice Schultz.
The minutes of the Wednesday, September 5, 2012, Hiles Town Board meeting were presented. Moved by Supervisor Gardner and seconded by Supervisor Gudel to approve the minutes as presented. Motion carried.
The Treasurer’s report was presented and is attached. Moved by Supervisor Gudel and seconded by Supervisor Gardner to approve as presented. Motion carried.
Update on road construction projects
• Kurt Creek Road should be done within the month, pending harvest scheduling.
• Peterson Road – Used 1 ¼ road base, 10 loads dumped west of the bridge to cover shale blow out. Cost - $2,001.65.
• Ditch mowing to commence in about a week. Also having him brush back the ROW at the same time on all roads. It’s been a few years since this has been done.
Reviewed 3 year garbage contract with Veolia Environmental Services. Keeping same pick up schedule of every 2 weeks. Rates per customer per month will be $12.35 (2013), $12.60 (2014), and $12.85 (2015) with a fuel charge only if cost of fuel goes above $4.10 per gallon.
Preliminary 2013 budget work. Discussion of new titles for same expenses--as recommended by the Department of Revenue. The Board consensus is to keep the same tax levy rate as last year which should be about $4.36 per thousand. This would bring in about $88,296. Last year’s levy brought in $88,990. Reduction is due to decreased assessment value.
• Contract with Wood County Highway for snow removal/winter maintenance. Only as needed with Wood County with Town of Cary being primary contractor.
• Contract with Pittsville Fire Department signed and returned.
• Contract with Pittsville Fire Department Emergency Medical Services signed and returned
• Special Tax Assessment report to County Treasurer completed showing none, signed, and mailed.
• Frontier FS and Servco FS merged accounting, management, operations and marketing services
• From Dept of Natural Resources transfer of MFL property from Charles Thomas of Fort Myers, FL to Eric Thomas of Vail CO and transfer of MFL property from Doris Gorst to Douglas Jr, Doris, Betty Ann, and Joshua Gorst. Documents filed
• WI Dept of Employee Trust Funds Employer Bulletin—may elect to enroll in WI Public Employers Group Health Insurance Program
• Received bankruptcy claim from Wood County Treasurer. Clerk Schultz contacted the Treasurer’s office and they cannot find any ownership of land parcels in the County by any of the 51 entities. Told to disregard as long as Town of Hiles does not show anyone owing money.
• Received letter from Kerber, Rose & Associates to perform Town audit. Since we do not have a combined Treasurer/Clerk position, the Town does not need an outside audit.
• Sanitary permit application by Hubert Elston for replacement system for 1 family, 3 bedroom dwelling.
• Highway Safety workshops in November in 7 locations around the state.
• E-mail request from Joshua Diamond at the New Organizing Institute on Absentee Voting in Wisconsin. Clerk e-mailed information to Joshua on County Clerk’s directive.
The Budget Hearing will be Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 6:30 p.m.
The Town Board meeting will immediately follow the Budget Hearing on Tuesday, November 13, 2012.
The bills were presented for payment to include paying the November 6, 2012, Election Workers on November 6. Moved by Supervisor Gardner and seconded by Supervisor Gudel to make all payments as presented and to pay the Election Workers on November 6. Motion carried.
Motion made by Supervisor Gudel and seconded by Supervisor Gardner to adjourn the meeting. Motion carried.
Chairman Miner adjourned the meeting at 7:24 p.m.
Janice I Schultz, Town of Hiles Clerk
June 5, 2019 Town of Hiles Board of Review Adjournment
June 5, 2019 Town Board Meeting
May 18, 2019 Road Inspection
May 15, 2019 Town Board Meeting
April 17, 2019 Town Board Meeting
April 17, 2019 Annual Meeting
March 13, 2019 Town of Hiles Board Meeting
February 13, 2019 Town of Hiles Board Meeting
January 9, 2019 Town of Hiles Board Meeting
January 9, 2019 Town of Hiles Caucus Meeting