Home Page: Meeting Minutes
September 13, 2017 Town of Hiles Board Meeting
Town of Hiles Board Meeting
Wednesday, September 13, 2017
Hiles Town Hall, Wood County
Chairman Trent Miner called the meeting to order at 6:00 pm.
Present were: Chairman Trent Miner, Supervisor Mark Gudel, Treasurer Soraya Krostag, and Clerk Janice Schultz
Absent was: Supervisor Tom Gardner
Also Present: Town Residents Beau Krostag and Amara Putri Krostag
The minutes of the Wednesday, August 9, 2017, Hiles Town Board meeting were presented. Moved by Supervisor Gudel and seconded by Chairman Miner to accept the minutes as presented. Motion carried.
The Treasurer’s report was presented. Moved by Supervisor Gudel and seconded by Chairman Miner to approve as presented. Motion carried.
Update on Road Projects: Scranton Road is completed. Blacktopped apron is in. Chairman Miner will check that necessary papers are filed with the state so that the Town of Hiles can claim 0.08 more miles of road.
Town Hall LP: Contract with Cooper Oil for 700 gallons prepaid at $1.10 per gallon to be delivered between September 1 and May 31. Contract signed and check sent.
• Cutting notice obtained by Wilke Landscaping & Excavating LLC for City Point Cranberries LLP property—expires December 31.
• Advanced Disposal announced that next month there will be a possible increase in charges due to rising costs.
• MFL transfer from Scott W Mathews and Sarah A Mathews to William E Jahn and Kristin R Jensen of 4898 Accola Road of 34 closed acres.
• DOA reminder of January 2, 2018, date to electronically report building permits for all new one- and two-family dwellings.
• DOA announcement of Version 3 Statewide Parcel Map release. By August 31 there should be an online web app to provide public access to the parcel database.
• August 10 DOA 2017 preliminary estimates:
2010 Census Count Estimate
Population 167 163
Motor Vehicles registered 147 154
Income Tax Filers 103 86
Filers plus Dependents 136 99
Income Tax Returns 63 56
Approximately 122 persons in the Town of Hiles are of voting age
• Received verification from Rural Mutual Insurance that the report submitted by the Clerk resulted in no additional fee required.
• August 8, 2017 WI Department of Revenue released equalized values:
Real Estate 21,402,800 21,926,600
Personal Property 3,169,900 3,222,900
• South Wood County Humane Society is offering low cost vaccine and microchip clinic on Saturday, September 16 at South Wood county Recreation Center in Wisconsin Rapids from 9 am to 1 pm.
• The Pittsville Fire Department is offering an open-to-the-public Fire Extinguisher Workshop on Wednesday, October 11 from 10 am to 1 pm.
• On September 12 received notice of Governor’s Small Business Summit to be held Tuesday, September 26 at the Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center at 1100 Imperial Avenue in Rothschild. Online registration deadline Friday, September 15 at www.wisconsinsummit.com
The bills were presented for payment. Moved by Supervisor Gudel and seconded by Chairman Miner to make all payments as presented. Motion carried.
Next meeting will be Wednesday, October 11, 2017, at the Town Hall.
Motion made by Supervisor Gudel and seconded by Chairman Miner to adjourn the meeting. Motion carried.
Chairman Miner adjourned the meeting at 6:15 p.m.
Janice I Schultz, Clerk
March 13, 2019 Town of Hiles Board Meeting
February 13, 2019 Town of Hiles Board Meeting
January 9, 2019 Town of Hiles Board Meeting
January 9, 2019 Town of Hiles Caucus Meeting
December 12, 2018 Town of Hiles Board Meeting
November 19, 2018 Town of Hiles Special Meeting of Electors
November 19, 2018 Town of Hiles Board Meeting
November 19, 2018 Town of Hiles Budget Hearing
October 8, 2018 Town of Hiles Board Meeting
September 26, 2018 Board of Review